It’s so good to be in the sun and soak up some much needed vitamin D after spending so much time in the office, but you need to be careful when it comes to looking after your skin. We’ve put together some tips for your summer skincare regime to keep your skin hydrated, youthful and glowing!
1. Hydration! Your body tends to lose a lot of moisture in summer, so it’s important to drink plenty of water. Two litres a day is the recommended daily intake. Drinking plenty of water and liquids helps to keep your skin soft and moisturised.
2. Sun protection. If you’re out in the sun in the hottest part of the day (11am-3pm) you MUST wear sun protection. Try and find a daily moisturiser or foundation with SPF in it so you’re covered at all times!
3. Moisturise. Even though your skin may feel oilier than normal, it’s important to still apply a moisturiser at least once a day. Find one that is water based for a lighter and more breathable option.
4. Weekly treatment. With all the extra time spent in the sun it triggers the production of melanin in your skin, which causes skin pigmentation and fine lines. Use our C1 pigment toning and moisturising face mask once a week to fade out spots and pigmentation. Place the mask in the fridge prior to applying for a cool and refreshing treatment.
5. Use a toner. Pores are more likely to be showing in summer and a toner is a great product to keep your skin clean and tighten pores.
6. Ditch coffee and sugary drinks. Both cause breakouts and in summer you are better to drink something more hydrating like coconut water, juice or smoothies!
7. Exfoliate. It’s really important to exfoliate in summer to remove dead skin cells and to improve blood circulation to the face.
8. Eat healthy & exercise! A balanced diet and a 45 minute work out every day is great for your well being and will get your skin glowing.